Saturday, May 29, 2010

Principal Barbara Friedrich leaves Beckford


from left: Beckford parent Debra Hirsch and Principal Barbara Friedrich

Below is the text of the letter that was sent home to Beckford parents regarding the recent departure of principal Barbara Friedrich:



Dear Parents and Students,

For the past eight years it has been my great good fortune to be an administrator at Beckford Avenue Elementary School. When I became the AP, EIS on November 25, 2002, I felt that I had arrived in a very special place. On November 8, 2004, when I assumed the duties of Principal of Beckford Elementary School, I knew that I would treasure every minute of every day. It is for this reason that is is with a great sadness in my heart that I tell you that I am leaving.


It would take a very special opportunity for me to decide to go and I have been given just that. I will be opening Valley Region Elementary School #10. I am so proud to have been given this amazing opportunity. Not every principal gets to open their own school; to hire staff, set policy, and establish a new culture. I have been given just such a gift.


The Beckford family has been such a large part of my life for the past eight years. We have laughed together and cried together. We have comforted each other in times of joy and in times of sadness. We have celebrated births and we have shared the sorrow of death. Through it all, you have been there for me as I hope that I have been there for you.


I will not say goodbye, after all I live in the neighborhood and I am sure that I will see many of you when we are shopping. You will all be carried with me in my heart. Thank you for eight amazing years. I know that Beckford will continue to be one of the shining stars in all of LAUSD.


With much love,


Barbara Friedrich


Mrs. Friedrich's last "official" day as our principal was last Wednesday. We currently have an Interim Principal who will take over Mrs. Friedrich's responsibilities at Beckford until a new principal is hired sometime over the summer.

We here at Beckford Parents thank Mrs. Friedrich for her years of service and dedication to our school and our children. We also wish her every success in her new endeavor and we know the children and parents at Valley Region Elementary #10 are extremely lucky to have her.

All the best to you, Mrs. Friedrich!



No comments: