Saturday, May 2, 2009

PTA Convention - San Jose

Yikes, sorry for the double photo posts, I really need some one-on-one time with Debbie to learn all this blogging stuff. All that said, hello from San Jose. I am a first time PTA convention attender, and all I can say is "WOW." (PTA - Reflections reference). Wow, there are a lot of people who care about our kids. Did you know that there are people here whose kids have long graduated from school, and yet they are still involved in PTA!

So, I am glancing at some of my notes:

"Everything is in reach, the power is in you"

"We must win a victory for our kids future and the future of the state of CA"

"We have the ability to make things better"

"The key to every success is you -PTA membership"

"Building community involvement is key"

"It is time to rise up and meet the needs of our kids"

"We need to invest in our children as they are the workforce of tomorrow"


Other things I have learned:

-- You really need to be peppy at convention

-- Crazy hats and matching shirts is a must

-- My iPhone loses it's life far too early


Well that is it ... I must find Starbucks.


No comments: