Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Notes from the Townhall Meeting

I left last night's "meeting" with Tamara extremely frustrated and upset; I woke up this morning and I'm still feeling the same. I was so disappointed in the lack of turnout of Beckford parents...there were only a handful of us plus just 3 teachers. Ignorance is bliss I guess (that was me until last night by-the-way). What frustrated me the most is finding out that California is now DEAD LAST in funding per child in the entire nation. Mississippi and Alabama lawmakers care more for their childrens eduation than our California politicians...that's pathetic (no offense Mississippi & Alabama). I fear for our childrens' future...

2 comments:

debbie lopez said...

It's going to get worse Kelly. Mr. Mailander opines that all this bumping is just clearing out new teachers to save money to give to... hold on to your hat...

TITLE 1 SCHOOLS.

debbie lopez said...

ps. great first post! can't wait for your next one!