Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Beckford, Meet David "Zuma Dogg" Saltsburg -- Candidate for Mayor

[originally posted Feb. 14]

In case you weren't aware, there will be an election in a couple of weeks. We'll be asked to go to the polls and cast our vote for a few measures, and most importantly, who should have the job of Mayor of the Great City of Los Angeles.

Having voted for Antonio Villagraigosa for Mayor in the previous mayoral election, I'm sorry to say that his performance to date has been extrememly disappointing.

For reasons too varied and lengthy, I have decided that I won't be voting for him this time around.

His record on LAUSD issues alone has been a dismal one. [Jon Regardie harshes my Valentine's buzz at ladowntownnews.com]

However, there is a candidate to whom I have decided to throw my support behind 110%: David "Zuma Dogg" Saltsburg.

Zuma Dogg has been a tireless advocate for communities, neighborhoods, schools and an exposer of fraud, waste and abuse at City Hall for the last few years.

He has been to more City Council meetings than most council members.

And best of all, Zuma Dogg is a member (in good standing) of the Beckford PTA. He has been a helpful friend whenever I've had questions about LAUSD and City policy. He's always been available to answer my questions and help mentor me through the maze that is Los Angeles politics. He knows more about what's really going on downtown than most politicians who work downtown. Because Zuma is a man of the people and is beholden to no one but the people.

I've known Zuma personally for about a year; and while yes, he isn't the most conventional candidate, I can say with certainty that he has a firm grasp and command of (and a solid plan to deal with) the many issues Los Angeles currently faces... and the issues it will face in the future.

While Mayor Villagraigosa has a campaign war chest totaling somewhere in the hundreds of thousands (thanks to his friends and special interest groups who would like to keep his ear, as they know that will surely lead to $$$ for them down the road), Zuma has conducted a grass-roots campaign with NO contributions from special interest groups. I'd like to see Zuma come in second place and force a run-off, which would in turn lead to more dialog from the Mayor (who refuses to debate any of the other mayoral candidates) with his constituents.

You'll be seeing a few more posts about the election as it gets closer, but for now, here's my friend Zuma Dogg, your candidate for Mayor of Los Angeles.



Happy Valentine's Day -- Love you Zuma -- xoxo


6 comments:

debbie lopez said...

I'm so sorry; a reader left a comment (anonymously) about her husband voting for Zuma -- I accidentally deleted it!!

D'oh!

Please repost it! Pretty please?! :)

Mom says... said...

Deb-E... Are you sure this is Zuma??. Wish we were able to vote cause I'd be voting for him...YES, let's end corruption in L.A.

xoxo
Mom

debbie lopez said...

Hi Mom! I know.... can you believe its our Zuma Dogg???

I'm so proud of him!!

Anonymous said...

"I'm so sorry; a reader left a comment (anonymously) about her husband voting for Zuma -- I accidentally deleted it!!"

Must have been me. I told my husband, a city employee about Zuma, did a bit of research, and voted for him (by mail). I'll be casting my ballot for him in the Beckford Auditorium next week. The City has been poorly run, wasting money right and left (in my husband's dept. certainly), and there's managers and GMs who are downright nasty to their employees.

Mayor Tony is just interested in furthering his political career at the detriment of the citizens.

debbie lopez said...

Thank you!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!! :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

9:39 pm Thank you for helping in getting the word out.. Vote for the next Mayor... Mayor Zuma Dogg Saltsburg..

Hey... sounds good.

xoxox